I've been learning about systems and hacking since age 11. Since then, I've embroiled myself in a self-learning didactism of understanding everything in software.
Some cool nerdy things:
- I've contributed a patch to MediaWiki (what runs Wikipedia)
- I've asked a couple big questions on StackOverflow, including an early one about tags in Go (200+)
- I wrote the first non-finance blockchain product in Australia
Codebase ontologies, relationships, graphs and diagrams. I applied PageRank to the AST in Go, and built a frontend around it here. Initially started with Python before realising the scope-level information was more accessible in Go.
Artificial neural networks, statistics/mathematics. In highschool, I investigated Markov Chains. For my university capstone thesis, I did a deep dive into deep learning and all the mathematical intuition that surrounds it.
- Go - early adopter of this fantastic productivity language. Local Git repo monitor, RPC protocol
- Docker - use it for everything. Built a websockets microservice that runs Python in a Docker container.
- Meteor.js - primarily a rapid MVP framework, I used this in my work at Veredictum. Also a Spotify-integrated social app.
- Keras, Numpy, Jupyter - I got to grips with these tools in my final semester of UTS, where I wrote small neural networks and image processing assignments.
- P2P systems - simple Bitcoin blockchain notarisation service, been quite interested in DHT's before blockchain was invented too.
- Python - Ubuntu backup software
- Django - built numerous JSON API backends in, while working at Cuberider and on personal projects such as Sydney Sunsets.
- Ruby on Rails - in highschool I built a learning style testing system in this framework for a teacher.
- Ruby - wrote a popular gem for Jekyll i18n
- Java - one of the first, I used to contribute to an open-source game engine called Slick2D. My tiled map library, TiledMapPlus, is still included in many open-source games around the net. Here's a P2P publish-subscribe network simulator plugin.
- PHP - lots of freelance WordPress theme development, Total Diabetes Care being a stellar example.